We have a fantastic job opportunity for a Senior Editor with a meticulous and organised nature, as well as a creative flair for early learning and children’s education product.
As the Senior Editor, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, such as helping to manage a list of books from initial brief to completion, maintaining third-party relationships, allocating workload, and ensuring each book that the team creates reaches the high creative and editorial standards required.
Successful candidates will also possess experience working on children’s books, as well as a passion for innovation and a desire to pioneer new ideas and product.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Editor include:
- Helping to coordinate the learning product list, liaising with Sales, Production and Senior Management when necessary
- Developing new titles, novelties and products
- Tracking development of dummies and packaging requirements, and ensuring all specifications are accurate and suitable for the market
- Working with third-party contributors, such as illustrators, authors, editors, consultants and Americanisers
- Planning content, managing text and editing books to the agreed brief and specifications, working alongside the editorial and design team
- Helping to coordinate in-house schedules and workflow, and adapting to the needs of the business when necessary to hit critical targets and deadlines
- Managing the editorial content of the company catalogue, as well as coordinating and checking written descriptions and product specifications
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Senior Editor you will have the following skills and experience:
- A good technical knowledge of children’s learning product
- An excellent knowledge of publishing procedure and workflow
- An advanced understanding of editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Good collaboration skills, working with others and brainstorming new ideas
- Good organisational skills, motivation and the ability to work well under pressure
- A meticulous nature with a keen eye for detail
- An advanced knowledge of InDesign, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit a cover letter, CV and design portfolio (if appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.