A great opportunity has arisen for the position of Sales Manager at Make Believe Ideas.
Reporting directly to the Business Development Director, the primary focus of the Sales Manager is to take an active approach in seeking and securing opportunities to drive growth across our US accounts as well as manage a portfolio of existing key retailer and distributor accounts.
Previous experience managing US based customer accounts within a sales environment in the publishing industry or toy sales is preferred.
Your duties and responsibilities as Sales Manager include:
- Managing a portfolio of existing and distributor accounts
- Consistently achieve sales targets and growth forecasts for your territories in line with company global strategy.
- Identify new markets and potential opportunities to drive growth, agree and implement plans to secure them.
- Identify new sales channels and convert these into sales opportunities.
- Use contacts to identify and explore new business to maximise sales and profitability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers and provide outstanding customer service.
- Attend customer meetings and events.
- In collaboration with the Account Management team, Studio and Production teams, review existing product and develop formats and price points that can work in your markets.
- Work closely with relevant customers on a continual basis to ensure the company identifies and develops products that fulfil their need and brief in terms of retail price and presence.
- Communicate closely with the Account Management team to maximize sales and print run opportunities worldwide; ensuring product development is in line with company global strategy.
- Represent the company at trade fairs and networking events utilising the opportunity to attract new customers.
- Provide sales projections on a regular basis to ensure print runs can be adequately planned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Skills and Experience required for the Sales Manager:
- Previous experience seeking and securing opportunities to grow business within a sales environment with strong sales and negotiation skills
- Experience working with US based accounts
- A passion for children’s books and the publishing industry
- Knowledge of children’s publishing and or toy sales
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written, numeracy and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)