We have a fantastic job opportunity for a highly creative Publishing Assistant who has a passion for books and is keen to start a career in the publishing industry.
As the Publishing Assistant, you will work to a high level of accuracy and have an excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling. You will also have an entry-level understanding of basic editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading.
Working as the Publishing Assistant you will have a wide range of responsibilities, such as providing administrative support to the Studio, maintaining the in-house editorial content systems, creating content for the company catalogue, checking and organising reprint files, and updating the website and social media accounts.
** Flexible working hours will be considered for this role **
Your duties and responsibilities as the Publishing Assistant include:
- Supplying general administrative support to the Studio, including managing file and author copies, and maintaining in-house editorial content systems
- Creating content for and assisting in the preparation of the company catalogue
- Helping check and organise files for reprints in accordance with agreed schedules and processes, and helping to maintain reprint notes
- Assisting the team leaders and contributing to the content of new titles – planning, researching, writing and editing to agreed briefs and specifications
- Directing customer enquiries through the correct team and responding to all relevant enquiries in a timely manner
- Coordinating with external contributors, such as Americanisers and consultants
- Helping to update the website and social media accounts under the guidance and supervision of the Digital and Social Media teams
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Publishing Assistant you will have the following skills and experience:
- Have a passion for children’s books
- Have an entry-level understanding of basic editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Must enjoy collaborating with others and brainstorming creative ideas
- Must be very organised, motivated and be able to work well under pressure
- Must have a meticulous nature with a keen eye for detail
- Must be confident, creative and have a flair for writing
- Have excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
- Have a good foundation knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be located within easy commutable distance of Berkhamsted
This role will initially be based in the Berkhamsted studio and on a home working rota, however, once restrictions are lifted, this role will be studio based