We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Coordinator with excellent organisational, time-management, communication and administrative skills who has a passion for books and a desire to develop a successful career within the publishing industry.
As the Production Coordinator, you will primarily support the Production team, as well as working closely with other departments when required, which will include liaising closely with the Design and Sales teams and providing general administration support when required.
Candidate applications are welcome regardless of previous experience in the publishing industry.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Production Co-Ordinator:
- Provide administration and general support for the Production team and other departments, including Design and Sales, when required
- Work closely with all in-house teams to manage expectations of dates and costs
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, and keep track of all schedules
- Liaise and build relationships with suppliers and manufacturers
- Co-ordinate schedules with manufacturers and in-house teams to ensure stock ships according to customer deadlines
- Negotiate pricing and raise purchase orders once all details are agreed
- Ensure all shipping documentation is accurate and sent for customs clearance in a timely manner
- Liaise with Testing Lab to ensure all product passes testing requirements for the given age
Skills and experience required for the Production Co-Ordinator role:
- A passion for books and a keen interest in developing a career within the publishing industry
- Highly organised, motivated and possess clear communication skills
- Good IT skills with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit a cover letter, CV and design portfolio (if appropriate) to email@example.com for review.