We have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Account Manager who has a passion for children’s books and the publishing industry.
This diverse role would be a great development opportunity for an ambitious Sales Support looking to step into a Junior Account Management role and would suit someone who is highly organised, loves a challenge-as well as a spreadsheet- and must be brilliant at plate spinning.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent customer service and client management skills. Working closely with the Account Managers and Business Development team and collaborating with Production, Distribution and the Studio, this role has responsibility for managing the delivery to customers and customer relationships in order to maximise opportunities and build the customer base of the business, with support from the Account Director and other senior members of the team.
Previous experience in the publishing industry is welcomed. Alternatively, you should have previous experience managing or working with customer accounts within a sales environment.
Liaising with our Sales, Creative, Production and Finance departments, you will work quickly, accurately, effectively, confidently and with initiative. You will maintain databases that reflect confirmed orders, track existing product as well as understand the customer’s interest and future sales opportunities to achieve sales targets. You will take an active approach to your customers seeking and securing opportunities alongside the Account Managers and Account Director to grow the business.
Your duties and responsibilities as Junior Account Manager include:
- Manage a portfolio of retailer and distributor accounts, to include ensuring that all orders are processed, invoices are raised, and all required sales data is uploaded and maintained accurately on relevant trackers.
- Develop and maintain the day to day relationships of each customer, gaining comprehensive knowledge of sales history and ensuring all requirements are met.
- Deliver accurate and detailed sales and inventory analysis and planning for customers in a timely manner.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of sales and account profitability, identifying areas for improvement, suggesting approaches and implementing any agreed actions.
- Feed into the forecasting and budgeting process, monitor sales against forecast and ensure your targets are met.
- Manage customer orders from the warehouse to ensure stock is released on time and that all customer commitments are met.
- Act as the liaison and key contact between Production and the Studio for customer project delivery.
- Identify new opportunities within your customer base or wider market and highlight them with your line manager and the Business Development team.
- Work as part of the Social Media team in managing social media accounts, making sure they are updated regularly.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience working with customer accounts within a sales environment
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written, numeracy and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit a cover letter, CV and design portfolio (if appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.