We have a fantastic job opportunity for an Editor with a meticulous and organised nature, as well as a creative flair for activity books, kits and games.
As Editor, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, such as helping to manage a list of books from initial brief to completion, maintaining third-party relationships, and ensuring each book that the team creates reaches the high creative and editorial standards required. Successful candidates will also possess some experience working on children’s activity books and kits, as well as a passion for puzzles and games.
Your duties and responsibilities as Editor include:
- Planning content, managing text and editing books to the agreed brief and specifications, working alongside the editorial and design team
- Developing new titles and products
- Tracking development of dummies and packaging requirements, and ensuring all specifications are accurate and suitable for the market
- Working with third-party contributors, such as illustrators, authors, editors, consultants and Americanisers
- Helping to coordinate in-house schedules and workflow, and adapting to the needs of the business when necessary to hit critical targets and deadlines
- Helping to create the editorial content of the company catalogue, as well as coordinating and checking written descriptions and product specifications
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As Editor you will have the following skills and experience:
- A good technical knowledge of children’s activity books, kits, and games
- An excellent knowledge of publishing procedure and workflow
- An excellent understanding of editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Good collaboration skills, working with others and brainstorming new ideas
- Good organisational skills, motivation and the ability to work well under pressure
- A meticulous nature with a keen eye for detail
- A good knowledge of InDesign, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit a cover letter, CV and design portfolio (if appropriate) to email@example.com for review.