We have an excellent opportunity for a Designer – all levels, who has a passion for children’s books and the publishing industry.
Working as part of a team, the ideal candidate will have a proficient knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and will be able to take a job from an idea or sketch through to print-ready artwork.
- Follow a brief and work with other members of the Creative Team on multiple projects simultaneously
- Work to schedules, ensuring deadlines are met
- Produce page designs using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, ensuring the
- Design Team’s agreed procedures and styles are adhered to
- Work with Design Team Leader and Art Director to commission freelance illustrators for specific projects
- Ensure the timely delivery of print-ready artwork to the Production Team
Check and approve proofs and plotters as required by the Production Team and in accordance with agreed schedules
- Liaise with the Sales and Production Teams, providing creative input and support when required
- Have a passion for children’s books
- Have a real design flair and are innovative and creative, with strong awareness of current trends
- Have an excellent understanding of design principles, such as colour, typography and composition
- Have a high level of creativity and must enjoy working with others and discussing creative ideas
- Must be very organised, motivated, able to work well under pressure, with a high attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Will be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit a cover letter, CV and design portfolio (if appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.