We have an excellent opportunity for a Designer, who has a passion for children’s books and the publishing industry.
Working at Make Believe Ideas is an opportunity to be part of an exciting story. The company prides itself on its family culture and we believe we are unique in the world of publishing with creative, innovative formats and our speed to market approach.
Working as part of a team, the ideal candidate will have a proficient knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and will be able to take a job from an idea or sketch through to print-ready artwork.
- Follow a brief and work with other members of the Creative Team on multiple projects simultaneously
- Work to schedules, ensuring deadlines are met
- Produce page designs using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, ensuring the Design Team’s agreed procedures and styles are adhered to
- Mock up sales and marketing materials to a high standard for new products
- Work with the Design Team Leader and Art Director to commission freelance illustrators for specific projects
- Ensure the timely delivery of print-ready artwork to the Production Team
- Check and approve proofs and plotters as required by the Production Team and in accordance with agreed schedules
- Liaise with the Sales and Production Teams, providing creative input and support when required
- Have a passion for children’s books
- Have a real design flair and be innovative and creative, with a strong awareness of current trends
- Have an excellent understanding of design principles, such as colour, typography and composition
- Have a high level of creativity and enjoy working with others and discussing creative ideas
- Must be very organised, motivated and able to work well under pressure, with a high attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Will be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be located within easy commutable distance of Berkhamsted
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit a cover letter, CV and design portfolio (if appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.