*** Flexible working hours considered***
Make Believe Ideas Cafe has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join our well established, vibrant child & baby friendly café located in the heart of Berkhamsted.
We have always been known for our quality food and great service with a smile and are so excited to be able to continue to provide a warm and friendly welcome in our unique setting.
We are now looking for a friendly, flexible and efficient Assistant Manager committed to providing a fantastic customer experience to join our amazing café team.
The role will be full time working 5 days per week (including 2 weekends per month) – however, flexible working will be considered.
As a senior member of the team, your main duties and responsibilities will be varied, hands on and will cover all aspects of the smooth, efficient running of the café.
Previous experience running a busy kitchen would be preferred.
- Food preparation and cooking in line with current Health and Safety and food hygiene requirements (Level 2 Food & Hygiene certificate desirable but training will be given)
- Managing stock levels, including ordering, rotation and labelling upon delivery, replenishment
- Till operation including cashing up and balancing. Completing weekly banking as necessary.
- Cleaning to agreed standards
- Product knowledge of menu and specials
- Booking and running children’s birthday parties and events
- Serving customers efficiently and with courtesy at all times
- Preparation of drinks orders and operation of coffee machine (training will be given)
- Planning monthly rota for team members
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit a cover letter, CV and design portfolio (if appropriate) to email@example.com for review.