***Flexible working opportunity. Full or Part-time considered***
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager who has a passion for children’s books and the publishing industry.
This diverse role would be a great development opportunity for a Sales Executive or Sales Co-ordinator looking to step into an Account Management role and would suit someone who is highly organised, loves a challenge – as well as a spreadsheet – and must be brilliant at plate spinning!
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent customer service and client management skills, to oversee key US customer accounts. Reporting directly to the Sales Account Director, the role will require hands-on key account management to ensure that excellent customer service levels are upheld.
Working closely with the Business Development team and collaborating with Production, Distribution, and the Studio, this role has responsibility for the management of customer expectations against the capacity of the company to deliver these expectations.
Previous experience in the publishing industry is preferred. Alternatively, you should have previous experience managing or working on customer accounts within a sales environment.
Liaising with our Sales, Creative, Production and Finance departments, you will work quickly, accurately, effectively, confidently and with initiative. You will maintain databases that reflect confirmed orders, track existing product as well as understand the customer’s interest and future sales opportunities to achieve sales targets. You will take an active approach to your customers seeking and securing opportunities alongside the US Sales Director to grow the business.
Your duties and responsibilities as Account Manager include:
- Manage a portfolio of key retailer and distributor accounts, to include ensuring that all orders are processed, invoices are raised, and all required sales data is uploaded and maintained accurately on relevant trackers
- Develop and manage the day to day relationships of each customer, gaining comprehensive knowledge of sales history and ensuring all requirements are met
- Deliver accurate and detailed sales and inventory analysis and planning for customers in a timely manner
- Provide comprehensive analysis of sales and account profitability, identifying areas for improvement, suggesting approaches and implementing any agreed actions
- Manage customer orders from the warehouse to ensure stock is released on time and that all customer commitments are met
- Act as the liaison and key contact between Production, Editorial and the Studio for customer project delivery
- Feed into the forecasting and budgeting process, monitor sales against forecast and ensure your targets are met.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Skills and experience required for the Account Manager:
- Previous experience managing customer accounts within a sales environment
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written, numeracy and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit a cover letter, CV and design portfolio (if appropriate) to email@example.com for review.